My little mermaid...

Mona and water... that is a long story... hopefully it will turn itself into a love story...

Let me recap a bit for you, Mona has always been scared of the swimming pool. We used to take her to my brother in law's house for a swim, but since they moved houses and no longer have a swimming pool, it's been about a year or so that Mona hadn't been to the pool.

I was a bit anxious about her she was going to react at the Aquatic Center for Aryan's birthday last Sunday, but she seemed very excited to be going and to my big surprise wasn't hesitant for a second to go into the pool.

We started off with the babies pool, she could easily walk in there, and I stood near by (taking photos of course) while she wandered about the pool.

Then all of a sudden, she walked out of the pool and started walking to the bigger kid's pool, where her friends Aryan and Reeshab were swimming. I quickly ran after her and helped her get into the bigger swimming pool.

She slowly ventured by herself in the swimming pool...

And got a bit more confident and wandered a bit further away... at this point I was still wearing proper clothes on and was just waiting to see if I needed to go in the pool with her or not...

She started wandering deeper into the pool till about where the water reached to her waist... on that shot, she almost slipped... ooops... but she didn't fall... instead she came back towards me and asked me to come in the pool with her.

While I went to get changed, Mona with the help of auntie Dori, ventured again into the big kids pool... This is a huge thing people!!
She would never be in the water unless if in the safety of an adult arms!!

There she is having a chat with her friends, Reeshab and Aryan, while waiting for me to come back...

And here, she was following Reeshab's instructions on how to swim!! lol... so cute!!

When I finally came with her in the water, she was so happy and excited... really she was really really excited and kept jumping and bouncing up and down in the water...

Here we were both spinning around in the water...
I showed her how to swim, and she followed most of my instructions. She kept forgetting to close her mouth when her head went under the water!!

I was really proud of her and kept encouraging her so much...
She walked very well in the water and went really deep, till the water was just under her chin... The pool's water level went from 25cm to 90cm and she could walk in the water up until 85cm and still have her head over the water level!!!!
She is getting really tall, that's for sure!!

Here she was swimming, kicking both her feet and arms in the water... naturally with me holding her from under her arms....
She totally loved it!! She also enjoyed splashing me a lot with the water as well as anyone who would come close enough to us to get splashed!!
She would make me sit in the pool and keep splashing me until my eyes would burn!! lol...

And here we were having some fun under the water falls!! lol

I really loved those shots from under the water falls.. we really had a great time just laughing and enjoying each other's company in the water...

I was so happy and proud of her for having conquered her fears!!
She is such a strong girl and is definitely growing up very quickly....

Naturally, Mona asked and keeps asking for a birthday party at the swimming pool...
But one thing's for sure, I will definitely take her more often to the Aquatic Center!!

post signature

No comments: