Mona: 19 Day Feast, wall drawings, birthday cake and imaginary play

Lots to tell about Mona's doings lately...

First let's start with the Baha'i 19 Day Feast last night.
We were sitting at the dinner table and she was playing around and talking a lot instead of eating her food (which i was trying to get her to eat as quick as possible so that we don't get late for the feast). So i told her to please eat her food as we have to go to the feast. Mona replied "I don't want to go to the Feast!". I told her that when we go to the Feast it makes 'Abdu'l-Baha happy.
Mona looked outside and said: "It's dark outside mummy, i can't see the car!"
I told her, well we will put the lights on, so we can see where we are going!
Mona continued: "It's really really cold outside!"
I told her, well we will put our coats on, so we don't get cold!
Mona stop to think for a while and said: "Abdu'l-Baha doesn't have a coat mummy, he will get cold!"
I was stunned and didn't know what to answer...... lol....

This evening, Mona was doing some drawing... i was busy in the kitchen doing the dishes and daddy was in the computer room. All of a sudden daddy called me to come see what Mona had done!
Mona did this to the walls in the living room:

And this on her hands:

When I asked Mona what has she done to the wall, she simply replied that she had made 'happy faces' !!!
It's the first time Mona actually draws a face, so we were very proud of her and at the same time not happy with her drawing on the wall.
Daddy didn't say anything to her, because he said he didn't know if he should tell her off for writing on the wall or congratulate her for her new master piece... lol.
We told her that her 'happy faces' were really beautiful and then I asked her where do we draw with pen, she looked down to the floor and said in a low voice "Mona draw on paper".
I said ok then, next time you draw on paper, now help me clean up.
But daddy said, wait, let's take a picture first. And so we did!
Mona even help in taking a picture!
Here is Mona's pic of her 'happy faces' drawing on the wall:


And while I was cleaning the wall, i mean rubbing off the wall, I was complaining how hard it was to clean up this mess Mona made. Mona who was watching me closely then said in her very encouraging tone: "You can do it Mummy!!"
lol... Isn't she just precious!!

Today, she was also singing happy birthday to me. My birthday is actually on Sunday, but she starts early! I asked her: what are you going to do for mummy's birthday?
Mona excitedly said: "A Cake!"
Then she said: "I need money, to buy a cake for mummy, and birthday hat, and a present!!"
She continued to say: "And then we all say 'surprise' mummy!"
She is so thoughtful!! I love her!!
Yes indeed honey, you need money for all of that!! lol....

Then a bit later on this evening, she was playing with her little pram and came to me in the kitchen and said: "Mummy can you see baby?" I looked in the pram it was empty. I asked her where is baby? She said: "In the pram!"
So i said hi to her 'imaginary' baby. She then put her two little hands together, bend over the pram and scoop out the baby very slowly, and held it like you would hold a new born and gently stated to rock her side to side and she started to sing her a lullaby song from the Wiggles show!
So i asked her if i could hold baby too, which she was so happy about, and i did the same thing as her. She was so happy that i played along with her!! I also made 'chi chi' (milk) for her baby!
My two year old is so much fun!

post signature

No comments: