Late night conversations...

Recently with Mona, we've started what we call our "late night conversations"....
Basically, what we do each night, after doing our night-time routine and saying our night prayers, we both are in bed in the dark and we chat.
I ask her about her day and what she did today. I asked her how she felt about doing such and such things/activities etc.. and then i tell her about my day and how i felt etc.. and what i need to do better. Then i ask her how she thinks she should do this or that thing tomorrow, etc...

I started theses conversations to teach her how to bring herself to account each day, because along with daily obligatory prayers, bringing oneself to account is very important for us as Baha'is. And now that she has mastered morning and night prayers, i want her to learn how to do this too from now on.
Also I want to start conversing with her to keep this bond between us, so that in the future she gets in the habit of talking to me and knows she can turn to me when she needs to.

On top of that, two weeks ago, when Mona was sick, and was having fever and woke up during the night, I was awake with her in arms and since the 3 of us were not sleeping anymore, i decided to take my prayer beads and say 'Allah'u'Abha 95x. Mona asked me what that was and I explained to her and gave her another set of prayer beads (I had made those prayers beads when i was pregnant with Mona). So now she had her own set of prayer beads and we say our 95 'Allah'u'Abha together before going to sleep. Of course she doesn't count all of the beads, but she does move them across one by one and say 'Allah'u'Abha. And if i open my eyes to look at what she is doing, she will order me to "Close your eyes mummy!!"

So yeah back to the night conversations...,
Mona has really been enjoying out mother-daughter talks! And so have I and really look forward to it each night...
She is so cute and talk non-stop and so quickly... I didn't know she had so much to say...
Tonight for instance, after about a 25 minutes chat, she didn't want to stop... I kept telling her that it's really late not and that we need to sleep now, so we can rest and be able to do all the things we have plan for tomorrow. But Mona kept replying "I want to talk mummy!"
So we do, for about another 20mins... non-stop!!! She kept on and on, talking about what she did today, and even what she did yesterday!! And she even told me what to do tomorrow!! lol... She just wouldn't stop... And the funny thing is, that she talks and whisper so fast, and from time to time would stop to take a breathe and say "mummy" just to make sure that i am still listening to her.... it's so funny to hear her... she sounds very adult like....
During our chat tonight, i was telling her that she really made mummy very happy today when she helped mummy wash the dishes, then all of a sudden, she started cheering "Power, Power". I asked her what she was doing, and Mona replied: "I want to make daddy happy too"!! Lol.. (Power is the football team of daddy)!! I was just stunned and really had to contained myself to not laugh out loud... Mona amazes me each day!!

And she finally felt asleep, the words became fewer and fewer, and the tone became lower and lower, till i couldn't hear anything, but her deep breathing... I quickly gave her a kiss and escaped so quietly out of the room...

My two year old daughter is growing up oh so quickly... soooo quickly...

post signature

No comments: