I am featured on Baha'i Views again...

I love George W. Dannells!
He is so sweet and really encouraging! And his work on Baha'i Views is just amazing!!
Visiting his website every morning is how i keep myself updated about what is going on in the Baha'i World and what others are saying and thinking about us.
If you've never been to his site, you should go and check it out right now. And don't forget to RSS feed, so that you can get the latest posts.

So today, George featured me on Baha'i Views. It was of course about our brilliant Musical Fireside held last Sunday. And I was just blushing reading his comments about my videos productions. People do often tell me that my videos are beautiful and nice etc, but I always thought they were just being polite, because in my view, they are very much still amateurish...
But it could also be that I am my worst critique.... Ha!

So here is what George said about it:

On a Singing After Supper Baha’i Song Karaoke Fireside Video: On par with anything a media conglomerate can create

What a blessing it would have been to be present in Sabby’s home in Adelaide for the musical fireside the other day! She reported 12 adult Baha’is and 3 Baha’i children
and 11 adult non-Baha’is and 2 children in attendance. “The house was just packed and crowded and we were all so happy and it was so exciting to feel this energy and the power of the Forces at work!!!” she wrote. Check out her blog (www.sabbynur.blogspot.com) or watch the video on her YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFk5n9mLuqA.”

I love the high “production values” of her videos. There is such creativity in all her “computer-mediated communications,” to use some 90’s-era computer jargon! -gw

Production values - A term derived from television, film, etc. The æsthetics and quality of presentation of given information content. … A big-budget Hollywood motion picture is said to have high production values; an amateur home movie of baby’s first steps shot with a handheld camcorder is said to have low production values. Right now the Web is something of a levelling influence for CMC, because it is possible for a creative person with modest tools to build a Web page with production values on par with anything a wealthy media conglomerate can create.

CMC - Acronym for ‘computer-mediated communications.’ Any human communications in which digital hardware is used as a medium. Email, Usenet newsgroups and Web pages are all forms of CMC.

http://teladesign.com/ma-thesis/glossary.html

post signature

No comments: