Indian Mela (festival)

The day after we went to the Zoo, there was an 'Indian Mela' (festival) at Elders Park in Adelaide, next to the beautiful Torrens River.

I was so excited to go to this festival, because firstly I've never been to any type of festival whatsoever since I've been in Adelaide (and Adelaide is known for being the city of festivals) and secondly because it was an Indian festival... which meant lots of awesome colors, scents and tastes!

We have an awesome time there... the weather was just perfect and we met up with some of our friends there...


(The Torrens River and Mona and Nushan)



Mona enjoying her glass of Mango Lassi (actually her second glass)



Lots of people showed up at the festival and quite a few of the performances were done by non-indian dancers...

And here are some pictures of the performances at the festival, but before I show them to you, here is a little video of Mona dancing along with one of her little friend...



Mona was just dancing along to all of the performances (it's in her blood after all, her dad is Indian and her mother has some Indian ancestors too)
Mona really truly enjoyed herself at the festival...


here is a little video of the guys dancing:



and here is a little video of the 'Bollywood' dancers:



And the food.... Oh My Gosh!!! It was just divine!!
I had some chicken Briyani, which was really really spicy, with some cucumber raita, Mona had some butter chicken with rice and some papadums, and my friend had a huge Massala Dosa which he generously shared with Mona and me!!



And for deserts we had some yummy delicious 'goulab jamoun'.
They were so hot and really really juicy and sweet, and as someone said it so well: 'just like me!' ;)
And to finish, here is a picture of me, taken by J:




post signature

No comments: