The Glance of Destiny

This is a video presentation that I had prepare for the Baha'i Summer School 2007 of South Australia.
It is called "The Glance of Destiny" and is a brief account of one of the early believers of the West, Howard Colby Ives, describing how 'Abdu'l-Bahá offered His Father's Message to those that He encountered.
The audio track was taken from the CD entitled "Portals to Freedom - The Story of Howard Colby Ives" adapted by the Australian actor and playwright, Phillip Hinton, and is from the book of the same name by Howard Colby Ives.
I hope that you will enjoy it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Voici une petite vidéo que j’ai prépare pour l’école d’été du Sud de l’Australie cette année. C’est une brève petite extrait de l’histoire d’un des premiers croyants d’Amérique du Nord, Howard Colby Ives, et cette histoire raconte comment ‘Abdu’l-Bahá avait l’habitude de partager le Message de Son Père avec ceux qu’Il rencontrait. Cette histoire est extraite du CD ‘Portals to Freedom – The Story of Howard Colby Ives » et est raconte par l’acteur australien, Phillip Hinton, qui a adapté le livre du même nom. J’espère que vous apprécierez cette petite vidéo.


post signature

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great video! What a great teaching video!
I'm forwarding it to my list, which is made up of Baha'i who are into mass teaching.
Thank you.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Sabby, that was beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us. I personally really appreciate the evocative way that Mr. Colby Ives describes his interactions with 'Abdu'l-Baha.
Love, Sandra.

Anonymous said...

Angus wants to know whose voice is recorded reading Mr. Ives' story, and I want to know where I can get a copy of that incredible photo you used for the close-up of Abdu'l-Baha's eyes!

I wish I had your computer skill to create something so marvelous!

Ta,
Mary G

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful, Sabby. I hope it's OK to share with my Baha'i friends.

Trish

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sabby jan, that was beautiful, very uplifting. I love the pictures you picked out, must have taken ages to do! I really wish we could have made it to summer schools, sounds like it was a good one this year.
Happy New Year to you and your precious ones!
Lotsa love,
Martha

Anonymous said...

Really nice, Sabby. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sabby,

Thanks for sharing the update. I was quite confused at first when I received your email with the title, "summer" - as we're in the dead of winter and covered in several feet of snow at the moment!!

Nonetheless, I enjoyed looking at sunny and warm pictures!

Hope things are well on your end. Keep in touch!

Amelia