On the way to...

Yesterday, on the way to Tender Seedlings Ayyam-I-Ha's party, little Miss Sunshine here was so very much excited!! So excited that she was running ahead of me on the way to the bus stop, that I had to walk faster to catch up with her.... lol...

The two following pictures of shots of Mona showing me the way and leading the way to the bus stop!!!


Well, ok, I admit that she was also posing a bit for me... lol...
She was very happy and excited yesterday!!

On this next shot, she was showing me that she was a bit grumpy because we had to wait a little bit for the bus, like 5 minutes, which in her time is a really really really long time and way too long to wait for the exciting party she had to attend!! lol...


And as much as my dear daughter is a girly-girl and loves all things pink, sparkly and well girlish (like lip gloss, shoes, handbags, princess crowns, ballerina gears, fairy wands and butterfly wings... and the list goes on and on....) she is also at time very, hmmmm, how should I put it, boyish!! Yesterday for instance, after wearing her 'tutu' skirt all morning (even when we went shopping), she decided that she wanted to bring her car toy with her to the party... A CAR!?!?
And even though I tried to discourage her (because I knew that I would end up carrying it later on for her, and my backpack was already really full), she insisted to bring her car toy with her!
What to do, a girl has to do what she has to do, right !?!?! lol...

Another amazing thing happened on the way to the party yesterday...
Since I started taking the bus a few months ago, Mona was always very tense and quite scared on the bus trips we had so far, but today, she really surprised me!
When the bus came, I took her hand to help her climb on the bus, but she insisted that she could do it herself and she did, she let go of my hand and climb on the bus and walked to an empty seat... by herself!!!
I was like, oh hmmm, yeah ok! And quickly got my ticket and validated it to go sit next to her. Then she told me in a very serious (but really funny tone):
"Mummy, I don't need your hand, I can sit by myself now! Please don't hold me!"
I was struck dumbfounded!! Really!! This is a huge step for her!! She was really scared of the bus trips and would always sit on my lap or have my hands around her or on her and she would hold on to my arms so tightly that my shoulders and arms would ache!!!
So imagine my surprise when she told me that!

And each time the bus would stop or brake, my automatic reactions were to put my arms in front of her to hold her, but each time she would politely push my arms back and say: "I don't need you to hold me mummy! I am big girl now!"

I love her and all the progress she has made so far...

post signature

No comments: