Mona in the City

Yesterday I took Mona to Adelaide City and then later on to Marion Shopping Center by bus.
From where we live it takes about 10mins to get to the city by bus and it was the second time for Mona on the bus.
She was still very much scared of the bus trip. She sat on my lap during the whole trip and held on tight to me and to whatever part of my body that her hand small hands could grip on to... lol...
I talked to her all along the bus trip, showing her how exciting the bus trip was, and we counted each time how many people was getting off or coming in the bus at each bus stop.

When we got to the city, we strolled in the busy streets for a while and look at the beautiful architectures and green parks all around the area we were in. I love the City of Churches (Adelaide), and how the old and modern merge together beautifully... I showed Mona the contrast between the new and old buildings and she was totally fascinated by it, and all the way she kept showing and pointing to me the old and new buildings... She loved being in the city and seeing all the people going around their business... We totally looked like tourists in the city, because we were walking with our heads up in the air looking at the high buildings and stopping to talk about everything we saw.... lol... I'm sure that must have been a pretty scene to watch!! lol...

We stopped for a little snack and drink before taking the bus to go to Marion Shopping Center and meet up with her grandma and auntie and one of my friends.

Here is a couple of shots of Mona with her pink backpack waiting for the bus to go to Marion.

And here is a shot of the tram crossing through King William Street in the city.


The bus trip to Marion was not any better, and it was a quite long one too, but we did get to see lots of scenery and places...
She did sat on her chair this time, but for the first half of the trip I had to held her very tight and close, otherwise she would start crying...
I slowly managed to get let the grip of her hands go, and in the end on the trip I only hand my hands on her lap and she was just holding my hands in her.
When we got to Marion, just before the bus stopped, I asked her to get up to put her backpack on her, and she was so proud of herself, that she was able to stand in the bus while it was still driving... lol...

Today, first thing she asked me was: "Mummy let's take the bus to go to city!" haha...
I love my little explorer... next week, I will take her to the museum in the city!

Can you believe that it's been 4 years that I have been in Adelaide and asking to go to the museum and still haven't step foot inside, what's even worse is that it's entrance free!!
I am so looking forward to the tons of things that I wanted to do but never got the opportunity to do since i've been in Australia!

post signature

No comments: