Oh dear, oh dear...

What's going on???? First the vacuum cleaner blow up and now the pc!!!!
Didn't I tell you about the vacuum? Well i was busy vacuuming the house on Thursday night, when all of a sudden the vacuum just stop vacuuming. The vac was plugged in the hallway, next to the computer room. Everything in the computer room turned off also. It was pouring very heavily outside, sort of like a storm with really big winds and all, so hubby didn't event venture out to go switch the central board back on. But in the morning he did and everything went back on inside the computer room. But the vacuum is definitely out of order!!
Tomorrow hopefully we will be able to go and get a new one (a bag less one).

On to the computer now... We really lost everything on the computer this time!! (sigh in desperation here!!)
Yesterday, hubby bought a second hand computer for his work as his old computer was slowly dying and wouldn't even switch on for the last week. So he bought this new computer and also bought a dvd/cd burner for my computer, so that I can back up my files. So hubby was busy installing his computer in the living room, because he wants to use it as a media center for us to watch movies from our big tv screen (we used to play the movies from his laptop to watch it on the plasma)... While doing this, he turned off my computer to install the dvd/cd burner. And when he switched it back on, the hard drives started to burn and smoke was coming out of them!! When he took it out, they had partially melted!!
We were both so down because of that... our whole life was on those hard drives!! Even the back up hard drive burned!!.
We lost things like pics & videos of Mona from birth till now, pics of other relatives & friends & holidays, all the files of hubby's work, my files, my links, my scraps, my huge Baha'i files & docs, important info and documents of our daily life, all of our programs, movies, videos and lots and lots and lots of stuff!! Oh it was very painful... Hubby is going to get the drives replaced from the place he bought it and we will see if there is anything that can be saved from it or... but we really doubt so...

Today hubby went and bought new drives and installed it on my pc. He also installed Windows Vista and now my pc is fast and cool again, but so bare empty... it feels really weird having an empty pc... lol. I need to find some stuff to put on this computer!! lol...
(NB to Anis or Bry: Please give me the link or send me the program for Tribal Web. I need to download some of the pics back and also some programs to put on this pc. Thanks)
Hubby's media center is working fine on the tv screen. It looks pretty cool actually and Mona is really having fun taking the wireless mouse and running away with it... lol
The only thing he needs now is to have the sound system plug in, otherwise everything is done.

post signature

No comments: