Kisses and Hugs to 'Abdu'l-Bahá

This evening the cutest thing happened....

It was Mona's bedtime and as usual we go through our routine which consists of, getting comfy in mum's arms, reading a story book, then sitting up in the bed to say our night prayers, then kissing goodnight to Mummy and Kaloo, then saying goodnight to 'Abdu'l-Bahá (usually by waving at the picture frame of 'Abdu'l-Bahá on the shelf) and get tucked in and all set to sleep...

But tonight, after saying goodnight and kissing mummy and kaloo, Mona insisted to kiss 'Abdul'-Bahá! She was pointing at the picture frame and saying 'Abhá - Abhá' and making kissing sounds with her little mouth...

So I got up and brought her the picture frame of 'Abdu'l-Bahá.

She immediately took it and started kissing 'Abdu'l-Bahá! She had a huge smile on her face, so happy that she could finally kiss 'Abhá'. Then she started talking to 'Abhá', still smiling, then continued to kissing and followed by a big big hug to 'Abdu'l-Bahá. Then she went on to kissing 'Abdu'l-Bahá again and again...

After 5 mins of kissing, I said, "ok it's bed time, Mona go 'dodo' (sleep) now", I tried to take the picture frame back from her and she just wouldn't let me.... she had such a strong grip on it and pulled it back towards her, then she started to show me that she was not happy about it... she then took the picture frame and started to put it under her blanket (on the opposite side from where I was, so that I couldn't reach it!!!)....

I guess she wanted to sleep with 'Abdu'l-Bahá by her side...

I finally managed to take the picture frame from her by allowing her to give a last kiss goodnight to 'Abdu'l-Bahá. She looked at me very carefully while I was putting the picture frame back into it's place, to make sure that 'Abdu'l-Bahá wasn't going anywhere, and then waved and said: "Byyyeeee Abhá".

It was indeed a very cute little special moment between my daughter and 'Abdu'l-Bahá!





post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is a Baha'i and her name is Mona!