Tri-lingual and imaginary play

I am sitting with my laptop, doing my thing, and I can hear Mona playing and talking in the background.... and I just had to blog about it now otherwise I will forget to do it later...

So she is playing by herself (which she is doing a lot more often now) and she has her empty blocks box in her hand, that she is carrying around with her. She is also playing with 3 other friends, imaginary that is! The friends she is playing with right now are: Negin (her cousin), Ajay (also her cousin) and Aryan (her baha'i friend).
So is talking to them and playing and making up songs along the way... and what is truly amazing about all of that, is that she is talking in 3 different language at the same time.
She is talking mainly in English, but from time to time, she uses some French and Farsi words.

Here is what caught my attention:
Mona to one of her imaginary friend who just fell down: "Khobi Negin?"
(Farsi for: Are you ok Negin?)
And she used the right question and worried tone as an adult would when asking that question!
Later on I heard her say to another friend: "Fait dodo Aryan, fait dodo."
(French for: Sleep Aryan, sleep)
Then to the same friend, she said: "Shab bekhair!"
(Farsi for: Goodnight)

We should really speak more French and Farsi with her, her vocabulary is much much greater in English than in French or Farsi.
And as we are a multi-cultural family with family members all around the world, so should her language skills be...
And I am sure she will travel a lot around the world when she grows up... she needs to be able to speak to and understand others....
Don't you think so? lol

SABBY

No comments: