Family gathering and her first prayer in public

Yesterday we went to Mona's great grandma and great great grandma's house for dinner.
All of the family were there and Mona was really happy because she got to play with Negin and Omeed (her dad's cousins) and she had a great time singing and dancing with her aunties too!

So after dinner, we all gathered in the living room to say a few prayers for the anniversary of the passing of one of hubby's uncle.
While we were getting seated, one of the uncles asked Mona if she is going to say a prayer and to my amazement Mona said yes she will.
So we started by singing 'Blessed is the Spot' and Mona was sitting on the big couch with all Negin, Omeed, Ruha and auntie Roya, and I was sitting on the complete opposite side of her and I couldn't tell if she was singing the prayer or not.

After this, both Omeed and Negin said a prayer
and I said a little French prayer myself after them. After I finished my prayer, Mona said: 'My turn' and I replied:'Ok'
Then she said: 'I sit on mummy' and came to sit on my lap. I asked her if she wanted to say the prayer 'Blessed is the Spot' and she said: 'Yeah'.
So i started by saying the first line of the prayer and Mona very shyly and in a low voice finished the prayer.
I felt so proud on the moment, because it was actually her very first time saying a prayer in public!
Of course I didn't get to record it as she was on my lap, but this is a memory that will stay with me forever!!

We finished the devotional with a few more prayers and a beautiful prayer chanted in Farsi.

And here is a picture of Mona saying 'Surprise' (I have no idea why?)

And a picture of 3 of the 6 sisters in the family.
(The beautiful lady in the purple jacket on the left is Mamani, Mona's grandmother).

post signature

No comments: