Most touching start to my mothers day celebration!!

Today i was very moved and touched both by my precious little girl and my wonderful and so thoughtful husband.

I was awaken in bed, with soft small kisses on my cheeks. Before even opening my eyes, i knew who it was of course, it was my little baby girl!!
Her arms was around my neck and shoulders forming a big hug and her little lips were kissing my cheeks and nose. And she was so excited and happy and kept repeating this: "Happy day mummy, happy day mummy" and then she said: "Mona made breakfast mummy, I made breakfast"!!
At that instant, i completely forgot how tired and sleepy i was. I was no longer sleepy and no longer wanted to stay in bed. I completely forgot how impatient and frustrated i was in the middle of the night, when that same little girl woke me up twice at 2am and then at 4am with a huge temper tantrum because she wanted to sleep in the bed with us.
The joy and excitement in her eyes and her soft kisses completely erased all of this....

Then i saw hubby, with his big tray. I was having breakfast in bed.
On the tray, there was eggs that was shaped in a heart, toasts with butter and jam and nuttela, my coffee in my favourite cup etc.. There was a white rose, freshly picked from the garden with a card Mona made for me with the help of daddy.

The card was so cute and was exactly what i wanted it to be.
I was wishing to have my first mother's day card drawn by my daughter and it was just exactly as i imagined it would be!! Hubby made the card pretty with drawings that Mona likes and always ask us to do, then he traced Mona's little hand and let Mona draw and scribble on that side of the card. Then with Mona they wrote the text together. The card is really beautiful and cute and is a great addition to my collection!!

I really enjoy being a mother, but today i guess even more, because i get to have treats and special royal treatments (as hubby would say) all day long!!

I will post pictures and updates at the day progresses... right now, i want to go and be with my precious darlings!!

Happy Mothers Day to you all dear mothers!!

post signature

No comments: