Happy Mother's Day to mamijoon


Last Sunday was Mother's Day in Mauritius and in France.
Mona helped me in making a cute card for my mother aka mamijoon.
Mona choose the butterflies and the pictures of mamijoon to put on the card.


I don't post many personal things on my blog because I am a rather private when it comes to my personal life and personal details about my family members, but in the spirit of Mother's Day I want to share a little about my own mother, especially because I know she reads my blog and will definitely see this... :)

Here are some random facts about this wonderful woman:
  • Her name is Mary, but she is mostly called by her middle name, Sylvana.
  • She has been in the education field for most, if not all, of her life, as a teacher and then as a principal of primary school.
  • Her students have and still appreciate and value her as one of the best teacher they ever had.
  • She is loved and looked up to by so many many people in her life.
  • Many of my friends wished their mother was like mine.
  • She is a very intellectual person and knows almost everything about everything!
  • She is a brilliant Baha'i teacher and mentor.
  • She taught the Faith to my father (and so many others).
  • She has been member and the secretary of the National Spiritual Assembly of Mauritius for over 20 years.
  • She has very high standards and expect the same from her children.
  • She taught me how to read and give talks in public.
  • She never missed a single birthday of her children, children in law, or grandchild, no matter where they are in the world. We always receive birthday cards from her on time or in advance!!
  • She loves words!! She is always doing crosswords, always!!
  • She is a book lover and i got my love of books from her and so did little Mona!!
  • She loves to sing!
  • She is the most kind hearted, beautiful and talented person I know!
  • She is the first person I refer to when I have an important decision to make and in every other situations, I always ask myself "What mom would do if she was in this situation?".
  • If I am even half the women she is, then I can count myself as a success!!

Thank you for everything mamijoon!! You are my role model and my hero!

Je t'aime maman!

post signature

No comments: