Morning scene with Mona

This is what happened this morning:

Me, still sleeping in bed.
Mona, totally awake, and jumping on me saying: "Mummy wake up, wake up mummy" over and over again until I got up.
When i finally opened my eyes, she had a huge smile on her face and said "Yay mummy wake up, yay, Abha Mummy, let's go!"
Me, still not fully awaken yet said: "Allah'u'Abha Mona, give mummy a hug please?" which she quickly did and then i said: "Ok let's go" and Mona replied: "Yay, let's go!" so happily!!
Mona jumped off the bed in a flash, took her empty bottle of milk on the bedside table, and said "I take this too" while taking her bottle of water and walked to the bedroom door and waited for me to get up and said "Mummy hurry up pleaze!!"
I also took by bottle of water and my mobile phone and we headed to the kitchen, Mona leading the way.
In the kitchen, Mona dropped her bottle of milk in the sink and put the bottle of water on the kitchen bench. Then I asked Mona if she wanted some milk, Mona said 'No' in a very serious tone and headed to the pantry and said "in there mummy", i said 'what's in there' and opened the door of the pantry, I reached out to the cereal box and showed it to her and said: "You want this", Mona replied: "No mummy, put it back, put it back". I said ok and asked her what she wanted. Mona pointed to the nutella jar and said: "I want this butter with bread"!!
By this point I was totally wowed by how much clearly she communicated with me!!
So i got the jar of nutella and was taking out her small plate and knife from the cupboard, when Mona said: "Mummy forget bread, bread please" and was trying to open the fridge door.
I took out the bread, and started to make coffee for myself. Mona said: "Mona's coffee too?" lol
I said no, coffee is for mummy only, does Mona want milk? And again Mona said 'No' in a very serious tone! (Everyday she sees me making my cups of coffee and each time she sees me, she would ask for coffee too and each time I will tell her that coffee is for mummy only and not for little girls like Mona, but i guess she keeps trying to ask in hope that one day she might get some!! lol)
Then we headed to the dinning table and she started having her breakfast!!

Mona has been talking a lot lately, making little sentences that are fully comprehensible. It started about a month ago and now her sentences are getting longer with more words and becoming more complete. And everyday she is using more new words and becoming more expressive.

Last time we were having eggs for breakfast, and I had cut up her eggs into small pieces, and Mona took up one piece of egg in her hands and showed it to me and said: "Mummy look, it's a triangle eggs" I was shocked, the egg was actually in triangular shape. Before that, she only knew the shape of circle, she had never been able to associate the other shapes with their correct forms. So i was really proud of her achievement. And the way she says the word "Giraffe" is too cute, just as cute as when she sings "Frere Jacques"!!!

I am so proud of my little girl, she is growing up so fast....

Oh and while I was typing this post up, Mona was by my side, singing "Blessed is the spot"!!

post signature

No comments: