Love of my life...

I don't remember what my life was like before I became a mother!
I mean sure, I do remember what I was doing back then but I honestly don't remember the feeling anymore...
 
In March 2006, a little creature we shall call Mona, arrived into my arms at the break of dawn. Oh what a precious little angel!! 
My eyes stung with tears of  joy, my lips bursting out praises and gratitude to the Lord - and all the while staring at her precious little face and her eyes wide open - she wasn't a stranger to me, but instead someone I had always known... in my dreams... in my heart... in my forever!!!

 
Ah motherhood! It's hard isn't it?!! 
I find a new challenge every single day, but I also find many victories both large and small.
And when my little one opened up my bedroom door this past Mother's day morning with a big smile on her face bearing her gifts of gratitude to the awesomeness of her mother (because let's be honest - we are all rock stars in their eyes if only for a short while!), I couldn't help but remember that moment of looking into her face for the very first time and seeing my forever... when the rest of my world got tucked away into the faded memory box!



I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's day filled with the beauty of a homemade card, the delight of a slightly overcooked breakfast, the happiness of a present you always wanted and the heartwarming feeling of those tiny arms wrapped around you in an expression of pure love!

We are all so very fortunate - us women, to experience this. No book could ever prepare your heart for this journey!!  
We attend to, baby sit, care, consider, foster, keep an eye on, keep tabs on, look after, mind, minister, mother, nurse, nurture, pray for, pay attention to, protect, provide for, take pains, tend, treasure, wait on, watch over, have countless sleepless nights...... just another day of being a fabulous mom!

And I can't wait to start this adventure all over again, while doubling the fun!!!

Happy Mother's Day to every 'Rock Stars' out there!

post signature 

No comments: