I am no Bakerella

I am no Bakerella, we all know that and we have all learn to live with that fact many many years ago.

But last year for Mona's 4th birthday, I was stung from the 'Make it & Bake it Yourself' bug!
She absolutely wanted a Fairy Birthday Party and I really wanted her birthday to be special and for the very first time in my life decided to try and have everything home-made and handmade.
I honestly don't know what I was thinking at the time, but it sure sounded like a good idea back then...

It was not easy, and it took a lot of time, we started prepping and organising everything a few days before and it took me all night to bake and get the food & snacks as ready as possible the night before and all morning on the day of the party.

But it was very well worth all the effort and time it took, and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat just to be able to see the amazement and excitement in my daughter's eyes!! She absolutely loved her Fairy Theme Birthday party and go did I.


I forgot to take pics of the hand-made thank you cards that Mona and me made to put in each guest's lolly/gift bags. We made heart-shaped cards for the girls and car-shaped cards for the boys, each with their name on it, which Mona helped to color in and she put glitter and fairy dust and stickers on the inside of the card and colored in the word 'Thank you!' for each of her little guests!

But here are some pics of the home-made cupcakes, food, and other snacks I made for the party:


Fairy Cupcakes for the Fairy Birthday Party
Fairy Cake with little pink fairies candles for the birthday dinner
Fairy Flowers & Fairy Wand cookies
 
  40 mini cupcakes & 4 big cupcakes with little fairy girls as cake topper
 

Fairy Flower cookies 
Fairy bread (covered)
Fairy Wand cookies (covered)
Fruit Kebab (covered)
Chocolate Strawberries (covered)
Vegetables platter (covered) with dips
Cream cheese & cucumber on mini-French biscottes (covered)
Bought snacks were marshmallows, candy, m&ms,  jelly beans & jellly babies in the small boxes & baskets
 


post signature 
March 2010 - Mona's 4th Birthday Party




















No comments: