More Night Time Prayers Stories

Last night, while putting Mona to bed, I was reading to and with her, her prayer books.
When reading the book and prayer " O God Guide Me", I started to say each little sentence and Mona repeats after me as usual: "O God! Guide me, protect me, make of me a shining lamp and" then I paused to see if Mona would continue the prayer or not, and she did!!
When i paused, she continued and said: "a brilliant star". She was so happy to have helped me read the prayer and so was I !!!

Tonight, again, while getting ready to say our night prayers, i took the three prayers books and was about to start with "O God! Guide Me" as usual, but Mona said: "Close prayer book, mummy O God Children!!!" Several times!!
She wanted me to start with the prayer book "O God Educate these children"!!!
And so we did, and ended up reading 3 times "O God Educate these children" and 2 times each of "O God Guide me" and "Blessed is the spot".

Also today, Mona started singing the prayer "Blessed is the spot" by herself, while playing in her room and while taking her bath!!! Of course she doesnt know all the words yet, but we are getting closer each day!!
She is constantly asking for her prayer books now. Even for her nap time, she wants me to read her prayer books to her!!

I'm so happy I bought those prayer books for her, she absolutely loves them and the images are really helpful for her to learn the prayers, and needless to say that the books being a board books, are quite handy for her to use and without me having to worry of her tearing them apart.... I only wished they had the French versions of the prayers though....

------------------------------------

"O God, guide me, protect me, make of me a shining lamp and a brilliant star. Thou art the Mighty and the Powerful."
~ 'Abdu'l-Bahá ~
---------------------------
"O God! Educate these children. These children are the plants of Thine orchard, the flowers of Thy meadow, the roses of Thy garden. Let Thy rain fall upon them; let the Sun of Reality shine upon them with Thy love. Let Thy breeze refresh them in order that they may be trained, grow and develop, and appear in the utmost beauty. Thou art the Giver. Thou art the Compasionate."
~ 'Abdu'l-Bahá ~

post signature

1 comment:

Sarah and Mehrtash said...

Dear Yummy Mummy,

Allah'u'Abha.

Hello from Virginia, USA!

We are interested to know the names of the prayer books you bought for your daughter, because we want to get them for our daughter (she is 7 months old, name Monavar, but we also call her Mona!).

Many Thanks,

Sarah and Mehrtash