Mona singing the Baha'i Prayer "Blessed is the Spot" at the library

Two weeks ago, I took Mona to the public library to borrow some books for the both of us.
When we got to the library, we went straight to the kids section and Mona started to play with the toys there. She was pretending to make coffee for me with the little teapot and cups. She served me some coffee and told me to be careful because it was hot. Then she started to serve coffee to some people that were around us as well. It was really cute and everyone really seemed to enjoy their pretend coffee.

After choosing some books for her, we went to the adult section to choose some books for me.
While i was browsing around, Mona took a book from one of the shelf, as i didn't want her to tear it apart, i tried to take it from her, but she insisted that it was her book and didn't let go of it. After a little while, she sat on one of the sofa and started to read her book. To my amazement, she started to sing a Baha'i Prayer. For the very first time, Mona closed her eyes and started to sing the Baha'i Prayer "Blessed is the spot" by Baha'u'llah.
I was so surprised, that i didn't know what to do: Do i tell her to stop singing the prayer and be quiet as we were in the library, or do i let her say her prayer as she was so into it and singing it and doing it properly, without me telling her how to sit with closed eyes to say the prayer??
I decided to let her sing, and from time to time i had to remind her to sing in a low voice, as the singing was getting louder and louder. She sang the prayer over and over again, and each time with her eyes closed. I was so proud of her.
Then i remembered that i had the digital camera with me, and quickly got it out to record the end of her prayer singing session at the library. (Below is a video of what i recorded along with my English translation of what she was actually singing.)

The next week, we went again to the library, and as soon as we got inside, Mona asked for her book, I told her i don't know where the book was, so she went and took a different book from one of the shelf (it was a book about quilting), then she sat on the sofa, and started to sing the Baha'i Prayer 'Blessed is the Spot" very very loudly. I reminded her that we had to keep our voice down when we were in the library, then she started to sing the prayer in a whisper voice... it was so cute!!

Enjoy the video...



post signature

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! so adorable.
She has grown so much in the last year.
Love Auntie Susan

Anonymous said...

Sooo Gorgeous... haven't seen you guys for a while, can't believe how much Mona has grown and that chanting was just so wonderful.

Love
Lua

Anonymous said...

LOL We should all have to experience such a quandary!

She's quite the cutie-pie.

Mary G.

Anonymous said...

Isn't she just precious! It's wonderful to keep the camera with you all the time & capture these moments to share. Thanks, Sabby!

I had a little trouble getting it to play and don't know why - must be something here at home. The first time I logged in I couldn't get it to play beyond the opening screen so I went directly to YouTube. I got the photos there but still no sound so I gave up. The 2nd time I watched it from your blog just fine.

I just love the Visitors meter. The first time I logged in I was the only one, but the 2nd time there are 7 of us all around the world: 1 in Bahrain, 1 in UK, 4 in US and 1 in Canada. Just amazing to see how we are all linked at the same moment!

Love,
Aunty Kathryn in California USA

Anonymous said...

Merci Sabby jan
She is gorgeous

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely gorgeous.
love you
yassi