Funny story at 19 Days Feast

Last night was the Baha'i 19 Day Feast.
We've been reminding Mona that when we are at the feast, that she has to sit quietly on her chair during the devotional part of the feast.
Last night, hubby had to read the first prayer during the devotional part, followed by a prayer read by me. So hubby starts to read his prayer out loud, and Mona who was sitting on a chair in between the two of us, took her prayer book "O God Educate these children" and started to read it out loud too, except that she read the prayer "Blessed is the spot"!!! lol
She was reading very loudly saying: "Blessed is the spot and the house and the heart and the mountain and the refuge and the cave..." lol. She misplaced some of the words, but it was so cute and really funny!! And she was so serious because she had to read her prayer too and the look on her face was just priceless!!
I had to contain myself to not laugh out loud, and it seemed everyone else was doing the same thing.. and poor hubby, trying to keep reading his prayer, raised his voice a bit louder so that everyone could hear his voice over Mona's voice, and when he started reading louder, so did Mona!!
It was hilarious!!
I had to take a few seconds to calm down before I was able to read my prayer!!
What a cheeky girl!!

post signature

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh so funny...
A bif kiss to her from Leah :)
N

Anonymous said...

LOL this was a very sweet, cute, funny image :)..............
I bet the angels were laughing too!

Love, Diane from Nebraska

Anonymous said...

They are wonderful when they start doing that and I hope your community will ask Mona to say her prayer at the Feast.

Love from Grandma Barbara in Courtenay

Anonymous said...

Dear Sabby ~

Moments like those would have made Baha'u'llah's eyes twinkle, I'm
certain! The innocence and purity - what's not to love?

This is something you both will cherish forever!

Thanks for sharing - who was it that wanted to know how to focus on joy
in our lives? That's one answer, for sure!

Love,
Sunny

Anonymous said...

Hi Sabby,

May I share this at our Feast? It is just so darling. But please if
you would rather I not share, just let me know.

Love, Diane

Anonymous said...

Hi Sabby jan, wao I read Mona’s story and laughed loudly and I send it to my colleague too- its so sweet
Shahla